The Awards follow a judging process whereby nominations are judged against the criteria set out in this prospectus. Following initial consideration of all nominations, a number will be shortlisted for each Award category. The shortlist will be published in advance of the Awards Ceremony.
No shortlist will be prepared or published for the Carter Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Research Management and Administration.
The strongest nominations from the shortlist will then be chosen as the category winners. The judges may also, at their sole discretion, award a Highly Commended recognition to a maximum of one shortlisted nomination per category. The decisions of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges will provide short written feedback on each of the nominations received.
ARMA reserves the right not to make an Award in any of the categories, in the event that no nominations are received which sufficiently meet the criteria.
The judges will be an ARMA Awards Panel appointed for this purpose by the Board of Directors of ARMA UK. For the 2017 Awards, the Panel comprises:
- The Deputy Chair of ARMA
- The ARMA Special Interest Group Champions Co-ordinator
- The 2015 and 2016 winners of the Carter Award
- The ARMA Award Winners and any Highly Commended awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner during the 2017 ARMA Annual Conference and publicised on the ARMA website thereafter.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
There are a number of measures in place to prevent any conflict of interest arising in the selection of Award winners.
- In the event that any nominee for an Award is an employee of the same institution as a member of the Awards Panel, the relevant member of the Panel will take no part in the judging process for that Award and an alternative judge shall be appointed by the ARMA Board of Directors.
- Current members of the ARMA Board are not eligible for nomination for any of the Awards.
- Members of the Awards Panel are not eligible for nomination for any of the Awards.
- The Carter Award is not open to former members of the ARMA Board until a period of two years has passed following their term of office.
- The Research Management Team of the Year Award is not open to the institutions of current members of the ARMA Board.
Until shortlisted nominations and Award winners are announced, the results of the judging are confidential. Judges are not permitted to discuss or disclose the contents of nominations outside the confines of Award Panel discussions and meetings. The names, details and contents of nominations which are not shortlisted will remain confidential.